Our client is a strategy consultancy that empowers action in their clients. They combine insight, strategy, innovation and change disciplines to create growth in their clients’ businesses and in their careers so they succeed through the major disruptions of their time.
To deliver our client and consulting services they blend industry insight, commercial rigour, practical experience, robust evidence and creative thinking. They are a group of entrepreneurial and pragmatic individuals that offers a fresh and honest perspective and we work collaboratively with our clients to build strong relationships and deliver great results.
They are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, and action-oriented consultant with experience on the consulting or client side to join the growing team as a strategy consultant. The role is an exciting opportunity to grow personally and professionally within an exciting, fun and fast moving environment.
The successful candidate can expect to work across multiple client relationships as well as participate in new business pitches and company initiatives. They will be involved in a varied and changing mix of projects, however the role will encompass
- Playing a key role in multiple client strategy engagements and building senior client relationships
- Playing a key role in multi-discipline teams on projects of varying scope, size and type
- Contributing business development initiatives and participating in wider agency pitches
- Supporting in the developing proprietary processes, approaches and products to support the development of their business
- May have junior line management responsibility and will contribute to their professional and cultural direction
The role will involve significant client contact. A high level of trust in them and their people is the basis for the on-going success and development of our key client relationships and the successful candidate will display high standards of integrity and professionalism. They will be highly motivated, with the ability to successfully develop client accounts and relationships.
The successful candidate will also be highly commercial, be detail-oriented with a hunger to understand our client’s complex global business, build relationships and develop expertise in our clients’ sectors. The candidate will be self-starting problem-solver with skills and proven ability to bring industry experience and/or technical strategy skills to the table to deliver projects (whether in internal or advisory capacity).
- Customer and channel strategy orientation, looking at new customer propositions, service innovation, CRM and loyalty strategy
- Strong commercial grounding, with experience in business opportunity mapping and business casing
- Delivery of retained and project-based strategy engagements
- Working in multi-discipline teams
- Close collaboration with data analytics and insight teams to develop client-relevant recommendations and solutions
- Developing new client relationships, project management
- Preparing presentations based on the outputs of research / analysis
- Working on integrated agency projects, and interacting with the agency account team
- Leading some project and new business meetings
- Report and proposal writing
- Participation in agency new business pitches
- Up-skilling of the wider team through knowledge and expertise sharing
Attitude and personal attributes
- Energetic, forward-thinking with a positive outlook
- Resilience and keenness to drive progress through client work and relationships
- Collaborative team-worker
- Personable with the ability to develop strong relationships with clients and other agency teams
- Problem solver, adept at delivering solutions to client challenges at pace
- Be able to lead, inspire and build trust with clients and colleagues
- Commercial / operational client side or consulting experience or strategic account handler from a top digital and direct agency
- Industry or advisory experience in consumer brands preferable, with retail and leisure experience preferable.
- Experience leading and managing projects to completion
- Experience in leading large client accounts with strong client facing skills
- Graduate with 2.i or equivalent from a top tier university
- Strong business acumen & an entrepreneurial streak
- Creative approach to both problem solving and communicating
- Very strong English written skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Intermediate - advanced Excel skills
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org