Strategy Manager from MBB/LEK/OC&C for Chief Marketing Officer / Head of Strategic Marketing for Growing Global Law Firm
- Posted 12 May 2023
- Salary £100k-£150k base plus bonus, benefits
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFinancial Services, Telecoms Media Technology
- ReferenceCMO Growing Legal Firm
- Contact NameRichard Stewart
About the company:
Our client is a world-renowned law firm for high net worth individuals. They specialise in substantial and complex cases that often involve an international element. They have absolutely stellar yet diverse backgrounds. The common threads are sheer intellect coupled with a relentless drive to achieve real results.
Chief Marketing Officer:
Our client is the only B2C law firm that takes a marketing-led approach to winning clients. As a result, they have been phenomenally successful: our revenues grew 10-fold in recent years and we have been ranked by the FT as the fastest growing law firm in Europe.
The Marketing function is developing and they are now looking for a dedicated CMO / Head of Marketing to focus on this area. They are, therefore, searching for an outstanding individual to run their Marketing team. This could be a Director / CMO position for the right candidate; or alternatively a “Head of” position for a less senior candidate with a view to rapid promotion to a Director role.
Main responsibilties will include:
• Owning the marketing strategy and plan across both the firm as a whole and individual departments.
• Driving cost-effective client acquisition through both offline (PR) and online (Paid Search, Social, Affiliate, Programmatic, Display, etc.) channels.
• Managing relationships with multiple agencies to implement marketing initiatives on time and in line with budgets.
• Managing the in-house marketing team (PR, copywriting, data analysis, implementation.)
• Overseeing the in-house Client Engagement team (which in turn owns the client conversion and retention process.)
• Working with the Client Engagement team to manage brand ambassador and referral programmes to drive acquisition and advocacy.
• Solid experience in a top tier strategic consultancy (McKinsey, Bain, BCG); likely now at Manager or Principal level.
• Deep exposure to and understanding of strategic marketing ideally in the B2C professional services sector.
• Working knowledge of performance marketing across multiple channels, online and offline.
• Experienced in running project teams to tight deadlines.
• A strong degree-level education from a top university.
• Hungry for success: driven, positive, enthused and unafraid of critique and opportunities to learn.
• Demonstrated ability to own and complete on-time projects that deliver measurable impact.
• Ability to operate at a high conceptual level yet with exceptional attention to detail.
• Thoroughly commercial and analytical view of marketing.
• Comfortable in a high performing, fast-paced, meritocratic team.