Our client requires a full time Project Manager focused on competitive intelligence led initiatives within the Pharmaceutical and Biopharma sector. Your main responsibility will be to manage client projects, ensuring delivery of the project in line with client expectations.
You will need to successfully coordinate the internal research team to deliver projects against the plan and within budget, including report generation, leading project calls/updates with the client, monitoring actual progress against forecasted progress and raising any risks / red flags as appropriate. Whilst taking your own initiative is an imperative, you will be mentored and guided by the owners of the business; who between them have more than 35 years of Pharmaceutical and Biopharma competitive intelligence experience.
About the company:
Our client is a specialist consultancy, providing back-to-basics primary competitive intelligence in a legal and ethical manner. Everything that they do is based on asking the right questions of both our clients and our sources. This ensures effort is focused on what matters rather than peripheral activity; providing our clients with robust and validated intelligence insights. Most of their work is focused on the healthcare sector with projects covering a broad range of therapy areas and topics.
The owners of the business are looking for an ambitious biological/natural scientist who has ideally completed a PhD and wanting to expand their career horizons into the world of business. Life is never dull with each project different from the next and plenty of opportunity to think and act creatively. We are a small business and being able to take initiative, think independently and learn quickly will allow you to thrive working for us.
The ideal candidate will learn from the owners the art of competitive intelligence and as time goes by, become an integral part of the business. If working-for-yourself is an aspiration then talking to us is a significant first-step toward that goal.
Scope for the role:
1. Client and Account management
Manages regional accounts or sections within large global accounts.
Manages client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle and identifying areas for future account growth.
Manages business development activity within assigned engagements, working with client leads to deliver against key account plans.
Scopes project opportunities and prices projects.
2. Project Management
Manages large, complex projects, ensuring seamless delivery of the project in line with client timelines and expectations.
Developing reports from the intelligence collected via the research team
Reports need to contain analysed competitor insights that include, but are not limited to, answering the Key Intelligence Questions, competitor roles within industry/market trends, competitor regulatory and clinical strategies, competitor payer and market access strategies, pipeline asset review, competitor tactics at a local level, potential positioning and competitive threat assessments
Manages delivery of project according to plan and within project budget, incl. key milestones, delivery timelines, review sessions, with an eye for available capacity and for potential issues and risks
Manages the internal project team and sub contractors, including global teams as necessary.
Supports the development of project team members by aligning development needs to project deliverables and facilitating a feedback culture.
Conducting limited competitive intelligence research as required
Congress Attendance: conducting primary research to gather information for specific projects on an as needed basis
The ability to travel ~20% of the time to visit clients, attend a medical conference or competitive intelligence networking event
· Creative, robust thinking and analysis skills – ability to conceptualise complex data into digestible and meaningful insights for clients
· Subject matter expertise or the ability to quickly learn and immerse yourself into a new therapy area based on your academic capabilities
· A natural communicator both verbally and in writing
· Must be able to demonstrate mastery of secondary data and ability to use these data in addressing a specific business need /question
· Ability to use problem-solving logic to complete assigned tasks
· Good attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality outputs under time-pressured deadlines
· Flexible and hard-working team player
· Responsive to client need
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (to include Excel and PowerPoint) and able to produce deliverables which tell a competitive story
· A BSc is essential in the biological /medical sciences. MSc or PhD is preferred
· Deep familiarity, and in-market experience, with the EU pharmaceutical market, through recent employment with EU-based consulting firm or leading pharmaceutical company
· Experience of recent management consulting experience, with company recognised as leading in its field
· Track record of professional success, with successive stages of advancement/ promotion
· Robust knowledge and several years of recent and hands-on competitive intelligence experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including issue monitoring and coverage of industry conferences, primary C.I., CI deep dives, workshops, scenario planning, and synthesis/ insight generation
· Proven Leadership skills (functional, team, client, team, etc.)
Depth in one or more of the following therapeutic areas:
· Cell & Gene