Our client is a Tier 1 Global Energy company, headquartered in the Middle East. They are seeking a Senior Economist to join the Domestic Analysis Department (DAD) within Strategy & Market Analysis organization. The core function of DAD is to advise management and external stakeholders on domestic economic and energy outlooks, domestic economic evaluations, domestic fuel and feedstock pricing, macroeconomic outlook, and domestic energy policies and regulations. Additionally, the department assists in strategic planning and domestic energy strategy formulation and policy analysis. DAD serves as the center of expertise on a wide variety of strategic issues that are of great impact on the domestic energy landscape, helping to ensure the sustainable economic development of the Kingdom, providing insights based on evidence on macroeconomic, energy, and policy issues.
The Senior Economist is responsible for: assisting with DAD’s major initiatives in the areas of macroeconomic trend analysis, collection and examination of Kingdom-related data, drafting economic research briefs and reports, performing econometrics analysis, and participating in the development and use of modeling tools.The candidate will also support DAD’s efforts in the area of informing and communicating with corporate management, as well as with other relevant organizations within and outside the company.
Duties and responsibilities
· Prepare socio-economic research conducted internally, and monitor and report on research published on areas of interest to DAD, such as Kingdom-wide and GCC economic developments.
· Analyse and assess economic data, research, policy, and present arguments in a logical manner and in line with economic theory.
· Competently use macroeconomic models and other statistical tools for scenario development.
· Assist DAD and the company management in responding to urgent economic questions and other requests/issues based on evidence and analysis.
· Assess market conditions as well as monitor and report relevant insights in the area of the Kingdom's macroeconomics.
· Present economic data-analytics in formats that are understandable to stakeholders, other staff, and senior decision makers.
· Conduct bespoke economic analysis relevant to operational and policy issues.
· Provide economic advice, often within tight deadlines, for a variety of management issues, as well as long-term analysis and forecasts.
· Remain current with global and domestic developments in the fields of energy, economy, and policy; and discern implications of these developments on the domestic economy.
· Provide economic training relevant to staff involved in operations.
· Coach and mentor junior staff to assist with their development.
· Masters in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, or a related field. A Ph.D. is preferred.
· Extensive experience of proven professional experience in the area of economic research and analysis, preferably with a highly reputable firm or institution.
· Must be fully proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Must have operational knowledge of cutting-edge modelling and forecasting tools.
· Ability to work in multi-cultural and multidisciplinary teams.
· Ability to produce high quality reports, studies and presentations.
· Ability to deal effectively with other staff and with external stakeholders.
· Ability to represent DAD both internally and externally if needed.